Written for Glide
By Maria Baker
1. First of all, after knowing which friends are interested in helping, ask yourselves what type of movie do you want to do? Will it be live action, stop-motion or maybe animation? Go search online for ideas for that particular type of movie. Not only to get some inspiration from other people’s works that are on Youtube, but it will also get you pumped and motivated to do your own!
2. Do you have all the right equipment? Have you got a camera for instance? It is important for whatever you are doing you have the right programme too such as an editing programme like Sony Vegas, or if you’re doing animation Flipbook.
Similarly, have you got the props needed and location ideas that you are able and allowed to go to. (There may be some places you need to ask for permission before filming).
3. Write or draw a storyboard out, get your idea written/drawn down so you know and everyone else knows what the step to step ideas are going to be. Scripts should also be included.
4. Pick what roles everyone is going to have few examples may include, camera man/woman, editor, director, make-up artist etc. You are making a movie after all.
5. Getting out there and film! Remember it’s not work it’s supposed to be fun! But don’t forget you all have responsibilities and that everything you’re doing is safe.
6. The really fun part; editing! You get to see your work come to life. Add audio, music, cutaways, FXs, sound effects and credits/titles.
7. Now for the final touch. This is really up to you, you can publish your masterpiece online all over Youtube, Facebook and Twitter or you can keep it within the family and friends circle and burn it onto a DVD-R disc. And enjoy!