THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN IN OUR LIVES IS HAVING OUR PHONE’S SCREEN SMASHED, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO TOUCH PHONES. SO, HERE IS A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO FIX AN IPHONE SCREEN. MAKE SURE YOU’RE EXTRA CAREFUL WHILE DOING THE FOLLOWING STEPS.
Written for Glide
By Maria Baker
Preparation and what you need:
· Backup your data onto the computer either using iTunes or Cloud before you do anything else on this article.
· Buy a replacement screen and LCD panel online – Be warned it will cost quite a lot but the chances are, it’ll be much cheaper than getting a new phone.
· You’ll need a suction cup.
· A case opening tool
· A Phillips head #00 screws
· Pentalobe screwdriver
1. Remove the pentalobe screws – After you have backed up your data and turning off your phone, you’ll have to remove the pentalobe screws. These will be on either side of your charger connector port at the bottom of your iPhone. Use the pentalobe screwdriver to remove these tiny screws.
Reminder: when reassembling later you may want to use the Phillips head screws instead of the screws you just took out as the screwdriver tires them out.
2. Use the suction cup to pull up the screen – Wet the suction cup ever so slightly and firmly attach it to the screen, then with a little force, pull up the screen with the suction cup. You’ll need the plastic opening tool once you separate the screen enough.
3. Next, lift up the screen – First of all, make sure you don’t fully detach the screen! You work from the bottom to loosen the display, work your way up from the left and right sides.
4. Removing the front panel assembly cable bracket – Lift the display about 90 degrees, you now can remove the front panel assembly cable bracket from the logic board. This can be found near the top right. On the right of the battery, there are three screws here that need to be removed.
5. Disconnecting the ribbon cables – Use your plastic opening tool to disconnect the three front panel assembly cables for the LCD, digitizer and front camera cables.
Now you can remove the display panel completely.
6. Remove the LCD display – If you need to also replace your LCD screen, you can just start reassembling your phone with the new LCD and front display screen. But if you’re going to use your current LCD screen and just replacing your display screen you will have to remove the six screws that is holding the LCD screen to the front panel. These are found as so; two on both left and right sides of the LCD, two on the back panel, and now you can remove the LCD panel.
7. Removing the earpiece speaker – Start removing the components, first with the earpiece speaker that is held by two screws.
8. Remove the front camera – Using the plastic opening tool again, remove the front camera. Once the cable is out then you can remove the actual camera.
9. Remove the rear microphone assembly – Simply, remove and lift out the rear microphone assembly
10. Remove the Home button – Start off with removing the brackets that hold the Home button down by removing the screws. Then use the plastic opening tool edge the Home button ribbon cable from the display. Make sure you start from under the under the contact point to the right then left. It has to be in that order, right to left and then you can pry up the home button.
11. Finally, reassemble the display – You will have to work in reverse order of what we gone through. Firstly, placing back the Home button, then the front camera, earpiece speaker and so forth with the other components to the display. Then placing the new front panel back into place.